Outdoor Fireplace vs. Fire Pit: Upgrading Your Backyard With Natural Stone
Choosing Between a Natural Stone Fire Pit & a Fireplace: Understanding The Differences
Adding an outdoor fireplace or firepit to your space can create a beautiful look for your backyard while also giving you many opportunities for entertaining or simply relaxing by yourself after a long day at work. You can work closely with an Arizona stone supplier to find the right stones to create a gorgeous design that will increase the curb appeal of your home, as well as its overall value.
You may like both the look of the outdoor fireplace, as well as the outdoor firepit, but you may not have enough space in your backyard (or the budget) to install both. Here are some things to consider about each to help you make your decision:
The Benefits Of Outdoor Fireplaces
An outdoor fireplace can be stately and elegant. You can use a variety of stones for it to create just about any look you want. You can create a stunning centerpiece for your backyard entertaining space.
Some of the benefits of outdoor fireplaces over outdoor firepits include:
- Greater control of the smoke: It is directed up and away from you and your guests.
- Smaller footprint: Fireplaces are typically built on the edge of an entertaining area, rather than right in the middle of it, freeing up space for seating and other things.
- Enjoyment rain or shine: The fireplace is usually part of a pavilion or other covered area, which means that you can enjoy it even if it is raining.
- More options for design: You can build your outdoor fireplace in a number of styles, and it can include other features, such as a wall for mounting a television.
You have many options for creating a gorgeous outdoor fireplace that your family and guests will love. Visit a stone supply company in Arizona to look at the many beautiful stone options to determine the style you like best.
The Benefits Of Outdoor Firepits
Many people are adding outdoor firepits to their spaces. They are popular because they are small and can be added to many spaces, including patios, pool decks, and even in the center of a pool. You can use stone or faux stone to create your firepit, or you can install a freestanding, metal firepit, depending on the look you want to create.
Some of the benefits of firepits over outdoor fireplaces include:
- Greater flexibility in placement: Fire Pits are small, and guests can sit on all sides of it. You can put them in many more places than you could a fireplace.
- Enhanced environment for entertaining: Fire Pits invite people to come together around the flames. They naturally bring people in, closer together.
You can keep a fire pit mobile by choosing a freestanding, metal design. However, these designs are limited in their look. If you want to create something more elegant and stylish, you should choose stone to create your firepit and build it in place.
There really is no wrong choice when it comes to outdoor fire pits or outdoor fireplaces. Both can enhance your entertaining space and improve the overall curb appeal of your home. Decide on which would best suit your needs, and then work with a hardscape designer to get the perfect look.
Choosing the right stone is key to creating the right look for your fire pit or fireplace. You can choose stones in all colors, sizes, shapes, and textures. Each of these choices can change the look of the finished product. Work with an Arizona stone supply company and a hardscape professional to determine the perfect look for the entertaining space you want to create. You can choose from natural stone veneers or manufactured stone veneer. Both can create a beautiful look and long-lasting performance.
Contact Mesa’s Number One Natural Stone Supply Company
Centurion Stone of Arizona offers a wide selection of natural stone and faux stone at our large showroom in Mesa. We offer stones for all types of projects, including firepits and outdoor fireplaces. We offer pavers, manufactured stone veneer, landscaping stones, patio pavers, driveway pavers, and more. We offer everything you’ll need for your landscaping project, outdoor entertaining space, or home façade. Explore our online catalog, or visit us in Mesa to look at the more than 200 styles of stone at our 10,000-square-foot display area. We also offer paver installation.